Pileated Redwood Park status

Wallace Ravven

On Sat and Sunday we watched the male pileated chiseling away in snag nonstop near "Trails End" sign on Stream Trial, Redwood Regional Park.
Since someone else found no activity there more recently, Please update if you go there.
Thanks,
Wallace Ravven
wravven@nasw.org
New to ebb. Great resource!

Sharon Jue

Hi, welcome to EBB!

Pileated Woodpeckers are rare in the east bay, so that eBird (if you're using it) won't show sightings on the hotspot site until they are confirmed. They do show up on rare bird alerts however, which have been streaming in steadily over the past few days:

Number observed:1
UNCONFIRMED
 Details

Note also that Redwood Regional Park straddles the Alameda/Contra Costa county line, so some reports also appear on the Contra Costa rare bird alert. Within the park it is not obvious where the transition is, but the consensus seems to be that the trails end campsite sits within Alameda.

Hope that helps!
-Sharon Jue
Berkeley

--