Topics

Phainopeplas at Lime Ridge, Walnut Creek

joel.herr

I did a quick check this morning and had two Phainopeplas back at their spot on Lime Ridge in Walnut Creek Open Space. From the trailhead across from the Boundary Oaks golf course clubhouse, proceed up the hill and turn left at the first trail junction. The Phainopeplas were along the trail where it passes above the top end of the golf driving range near coordinates 37.92681 / -121.99368. There were also multiple Lazuli Buntings in the area.

Happy birding,

Joel Herr

judisierra

I went looking for the Phainopeplas today. Didn't see them. There were at least two LAZULI buntings, an ASH-THROATED flycatcher and a Red shoulder-hawk that grabbed lunch from the drive range ground.

Judi Sierra- Oakland
--------------------------------------------

On Sat, 5/11/19, joel.herr <emupilot@...> wrote:

Subject: [EBB-Sightings] Phainopeplas at Lime Ridge, Walnut Creek
To: EBB-Sightings@groups.io
Date: Saturday, May 11, 2019, 9:48 AM

I did a quick check this morning and had two
Phainopeplas back at their spot on Lime Ridge in Walnut
Creek Open Space.  From the trailhead across from the
Boundary Oaks golf course clubhouse, proceed up the hill and
turn left at the first trail junction.  The
Phainopeplas were along the trail where it passes above the
top end of the golf driving range near coordinates 37.92681
/ -121.99368.  There were also multiple Lazuli Buntings
in the area.

Happy birding,

Joel Herr

Mike Shannon

I saw Phainopepla twice in the past few days, once at Don Castro Regional Park in Fairview and again in Palomares Hills (sitting on a light pole on Villareal).

I wonder if we are having an irruption as I have only rarely seen them around.

Mike Shannon

Sent from Xfinity Connect App

------ Original Message ------

To: EBB-sightings@groups.io
Cc: EBB-Sightings@groups.io
Sent: May 13, 2019 at 8:28 PM
Subject: Re: [EBB-Sightings] Phainopeplas at Lime Ridge, Walnut Creek

I went looking for the Phainopeplas today. Didn't see them. There were at least two LAZULI buntings, an ASH-THROATED flycatcher and a Red shoulder-hawk that grabbed lunch from the drive range ground. Judi Sierra- Oakland -------------------------------------------- On Sat, 5/11/19, joel.herr wrote: Subject: [EBB-Sightings] Phainopeplas at Lime Ridge, Walnut Creek To: EBB-Sightings@groups.io Date: Saturday, May 11, 2019, 9:48 AM I did a quick check this morning and had two Phainopeplas back at their spot on Lime Ridge in Walnut Creek Open Space.From the trailhead across from the Boundary Oaks golf course clubhouse, proceed up the hill and turn left at the first trail junction.The Phainopeplas were along the trail where it passes above the top end of the golf driving range near coordinates 37.92681 / -121.99368.There were also multiple Lazuli Buntings in the area. Happy birding, Joel Herr