Subject: [EBB-Sightings] Phainopeplas at Lime Ridge, Walnut Creek
To: EBB-Sightings@groups.io
Date: Saturday, May 11, 2019, 9:48 AM

I did a quick check this morning and had two
Phainopeplas back at their spot on Lime Ridge in Walnut
Creek Open Space.  From the trailhead across from the
Boundary Oaks golf course clubhouse, proceed up the hill and
turn left at the first trail junction.  The
Phainopeplas were along the trail where it passes above the
top end of the golf driving range near coordinates 37.92681
/ -121.99368.  There were also multiple Lazuli Buntings
in the area.

Happy birding,

Joel Herr

Mike Shannon

I saw Phainopepla twice in the past few days, once at Don Castro Regional Park in Fairview and again in Palomares Hills (sitting on a light pole on Villareal).

I wonder if we are having an irruption as I have only rarely seen them around.

Mike Shannon

Sent from Xfinity Connect App