Topics

Phainopepla (juvenile) in Pleasanton

ireddy@...

Hi everyone,
I found today a juvenile Phainopepla, by itself, in Pleasanton. It was around 5pm on Marilyn Murphy Kane trail closer to the back entrance (Valley Avenue/Laguna Creek Lane). It stayed on the tree where I spotted it for about 5 minutes and then flew away towards Laguna Creek lane. I took lots of photos and a video and shared the photos on ebird. It was my first time seeing this specie. It was also the first report of this bird on this trail and I didn’t see any reports in Shadow Cliffs Regional Park (which is the main birding spot in Pleasanton). Could it have been displaced by the fires in Livermore? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you! Isabelle