Topics

Phainopepla at Mt Diablo

Emily Serkin

Hey Birders -

A small addition to the reports of birds seen at Mt. Diablo.

Yesterday (4/26) around 5:30 p.m. I saw a Phainopepla on the bare branches of a tree on Back Creek Road. This was near the Regency Ave. entrance, at the beginning of the trail.

He looked quite jaunty as he raised and lowered his crest!

Good birding,
Emily Serkin
Walnut Creek

Alan Bade

Hi Emily!- the Phainopepla was there on 4/23 as well. We met someone on the trail that said they saw a male and female a day or two earlier. Lots of Blue-gray gnatcatchers up on Eagle peak ridgeline.
Not so great photos from 4/23 here;  https://ebird.org/checklist/S67694062

--Alan Bade
Pleasant Hill