Topics

Peregrines in Berkeley at OSH / Berkeley Bowl West

Travis Hails

On Saturday, 2/13/21, at 5:45PM with overcast skies and poor light, I saw a peregrine perched on the water tower in the OSH parking lot. It was on one of the cell antenna attached to the walkway around the water tank itself. East side, therefore visible from the OSH parking lot.

As I watched, a second falcon flew from behind the water tank to the south, dropping very low, below the roofline of new apartments west of OSH.

I know a falcon was reported here last year (April), so this might be a site worth watching for nesting activity.

Travis Hails