Topics

Peregrine Falcon at Albany Mudflats State Marine Park, Albany, Alameda CA

Don Simonson

A Peregrine Falcon was a thrilling sight at the Albany Mudflats, Alameda; observed at approximately 3:15 pm today 7/27, from eastern most viewing platform, on the north side of Buchanan Street. I was counting Marbled Godwits -about 105 - on the mudflat  when something dark and very fast caught the corner of my eye coursing northeast. After crossing the flats it towered up to about 500 feet, then flared its tail and wings briefly to soar before rocketing off to the south.Good birding!
Don Simonson, Berkeley