Topics

Pectoral Sandpipers at Richmond Water Treatment Center

Derek

After birding Point Molate (very quiet with only notable bird a Yellow-breasted Chat that Pat Bacchetti and I heard) and Point Pinole, I made a quick stop at the Richmond Water Treatment Center where I quickly got two Pectoral Sandpipers on the mudflat in the SE corner of the south pond.  Easy to view from Richmond Parkway at 1pm and it couldn’t have been more than 100 degrees out….

Derek Heins

https://ebird.org/checklist/S74183288

Edward Vine

Just to let you know, the Pectoral Sandpiper is still in the same location today (around 11 MAM. I only saw one, but another could be around. LOTS of Black-necked stilts and Killdeer. 3 Yellowlegs as well - looked like Greater to me.

This was my first time at these ponds. The pond in question is at the corner of Richmond Parkway and
Pittsburgh Ave. Parking is iffy on Pittsburgh Avenue, so I parked at the next street IParr Blvd) where parking is
allowed during the day (and there is a Taco Truck if you are hungry). If you park there, walk down the path alongside the Parkway; best views are at the corner of Parkway and Pittsburg.

Happy Birding, Ed

Ed

--
Ed Vine