Patterson Pass fall-out

Steve Huckabone <shuckabone@...>

This morning from 8:00Am to 11:00am I birded the Patterson Pass RD willows. Thinking the weather front would force migrants to seek shelter in the only suitable habitat for miles. Although the weather was a bit rough I was happy with the results. Nothing rare but still what passes for a fallout for Patterson Pass.

Black-throated gray Warblers (10-12) almost outnumbered Orange-crowned Warblers, Yellow-rumped Warblers, Nashville Warblers (2), Wilson's Warbler (4), Warbling Vireo, Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, Bullock's Oriole, Ash-throated Flycatcher. Other nice birds included Lark Sparrow, Horned Lark, Rock Wren, Western Kingbird and singing Hermit Thrush.

The willows along the road from 5.90 - 6.21 held the most birds.

On a side note I have not seen feral cats in the willows but the pullout at 6.21 had a 3 lb pile of cat food. Not a good sign.

Steve Huckabone
Livermore, CA
Alameda County