Topics

Patterson Pass

richard s. cimino

I visited Patterson Pass today 1:45 PM to 2:30 PM and had the same sightings as Bingham Gibbs reported.
Two exception:
1.) Two Black-headed Grosbeak's male and female in a cottonwood directly south of RM 6.04.
2.) Two Burrowing Owls on the south facing hill side at RM. 5.47

As Bingham stated, nearly no wind at all, full sun made the visit enjoyable.
Also the wildflowers are their beginning colorful display cycle in relation to our El Nino year.
I'd like to add that " typically " the Blue Grosbeak's of Patterson Pass return on or near April 16th.
Hoping some lucky birder will report a Blue Grosbeak this weekend.
Everyone have a great birding weekend!
Rich Cimino
Pleasanton