Topics

Orioles in Hercules

Rosemary Johnson

While taking a walk in my neighborhood,  I came a pair of hooded orioles chasing one another from tree to tree.  Then I saw another male, for sure, and possibly another female.  Wasn't sure if I was just seeing the first pair again.

The homeowners at 251 Carson Street had planted about a dozen palm trees along the side and back property lines. Did they realize that would bring these birds or just liked the look of them? Whichever I enjoyed watching and hearing these colorful, calling birds.

Other highlights - white-tailed kite, juvenile red-tailed hawk and dark morph adult.

Rosemary Johnson
Hercules
First-time poster