Topics

NYT article quote (not banned, just combine with errands and keep distance)

M. Maloney

"Officials emphasized that the orders did not bar residents from leaving their homes, and they encouraged people to take walks, as long as they stay six feet apart, and visit grocery stores."

Finding warblers, etc., is as essential to me as procuring groceries - especially now - so I was heartened to see the above quote.

And of course, birding is something we can absolutely do while keeping a good distance, so there's that, thank goodness.

In fortitude,

Michelle

Oakland, CA

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 9:03 PM Peter Rauch <peterar@...> wrote:
What is "get necessary health care" ?   Why, that's birding alone, isn't it?

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 7:59 PM Noah Arthur via Groups.Io <semirelicta=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
So it looks like, under the new statewide Stay Home order, that birding is now not permitted in California. The order states that California residents must stay home except to “get food, care for a relative or friend, get necessary health care, or go to essential jobs.” Unlike in the Bay Area shelter-in-place orders, this statewide order does not make an exception for outdoor activities.

From what I’ve heard, this or something like it will last for 3 months, possibly be lifted in July and August, then resume in the fall and last through winter.

Noah Arthur (Oakland)