Topics

Not banned - please consider changing email subject line as you reply?

M. Maloney

So everyone's heart rate (rightly) decreases *below* that of a ruby throat, and we avoid spread of "it's banned" misinformation for those who may be scanning subject lines (mostly), especially in the face of competing priorities, both work and home.

Wishing you ample synchronous and asynchronous birding opportunities 🙏🐦🕊

In fortitude, as well as American Avocets in breeding plumage, and the continuously astonished (& astonishing) round eyes of Ruby-crowned Kinglets...

Sincerely,

M. Maloney
Oakland

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 12:42 PM larrcamp via Groups.Io <larrcamp=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have to believe that the 65 and older risk is based on the assumption that people of that age group "might" have more health problems.  If you have no more problems than younger people, I can't see that you are in any more danger than anyone else.

On Friday, March 20, 2020, 12:34:52 PM PDT, <tomcrown1@...> wrote:

I agree I hope the answer is yes. Just a warning that if you are in the 20 to 50 years age group keep your distance as latest statistic from Italy shows this group is just much at risk as those over 65. So do go birding but keep your distance by at least 6 feet.

Also birds do not pose any health risks to humans or humans to birds so go out and enjoy the birds

> On Mar 20, 2020, at 12:18 PM, Dana Gallo via Groups.Io <danagallo68=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
> The original county ruling stated that people of high risk should stay inside.  High risk includes those 65 years old and up.  So, I hope he addresses the specific question “if I am healthy and over 65, can I go for a walk?”
>> On Mar 20, 2020, at 11:52 AM, Steve Taylor <s-taylor@...> wrote:
>>
>> Lee
>>
>> Since almost everyone seems to be unsure about this it would be really nice if the governor would make his announcements more clearly and say flat out yes you can go outside to walk or hike or you cannot.  Would certainly cut down on all the emails.
>>>> On Mar 20, 2020, at 11:41 AM, Lee Friedman <lfried6@...> wrote:
>>>
>>> I think it is not clear yet whether the Governor's order will be consistent or inconsistent with the earlier county orders that explicitly do allow some outdoor activities as long as proper social distancing is followed. This morning, in a special report by the East Bay Times "Gov. Newsom's coronavirus shutdown in California: What are the rules?", it says:
>>> "Go outside, get some fresh air and clear your head this weekend. Yes, hiking, mountain biking and riding horses in parks and open spaces are permitted during the shutdown. But do so carefully and don't go in groups."
>>>
>>> Of course the East Bay Times is not definitive, and I don't know its source for this. But I'd be surprised if the Governor really intended to forbid all outdoor activities, and I think further clarification from his office is highly likely.
>>> Good birding when possible, and good health as much as possible.
>>> Lee Friedman
>>>
>>
>>
>
>