Topics

[northbaybirds] Any Bay Area parks that remain open?

Noah,

Please stop spreading false information about park closures and confusing people. Stick to reporting your sightings.

You’re doing a serious disservice to the 1000+ subscribers to this list. Especially those who don’t have the time to fact check your false reports.

Thanks little brother,

Dominik

On Sep 1, 2020, at 21:06, Noah Arthur via groups.io <semirelicta@...> wrote:

Due to COVID-19 and fires, apparently less than 150 public parks remain open in the greater Bay Area. We all know that all public land in San Mateo County is closed until further notice, as is Pt. Reyes. Other than that, I don’t think anyone knows what’s open and what’s closed. Which, if any, good parks for fall migrants remain open?

Noah Arthur, Oakland

Jillian Taylor Aguilar

Domink,

I don't understand your response. A vast number of East Bay Parks are closed, State Parks are in the same situation. Why would you say his question is false information?

I'm looking forward to hearing responses from people of where all they're birding. Is the shore the only option?

Best,
Jillian

On Sep 1, 2020, at 21:06, Noah Arthur via groups.io <semirelicta=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Due to COVID-19 and fires, apparently less than 150 public parks remain open in the greater Bay Area. We all know that all public land in San Mateo County is closed until further notice, as is Pt. Reyes. Other than that, I don’t think anyone knows what’s open and what’s closed. Which, if any, good parks for fall migrants remain open?

Noah Arthur, Oakland

janet ellis

On Wednesday, September 2, 2020, 8:39 AM, Jillian Taylor Aguilar <jillianlaurel@...> wrote:

[...]

Patricia Mahoney

A “vast number” of East Bay Regional Parks are not closed. Per the EBRP web site, 9/2/20: 6 parks remain closed due to wildfire conditions.

“The East Bay Regional Park District is a system of beautiful parklands and trails in Alameda and Contra Costa counties... The system comprises nearly 125,000 acres in 73 parks, including over 1,250 miles of trails.”

Pat Mahoney
Hayward

On Sep 2, 2020, at 8:56 AM, janet ellis via groups.io <jellis502003@...> wrote:

 https://www.ebparks.org/news/covid_19_park_and_trail_updates.htm#parks-open-closed

[...]

That’s so great! The last I’d looked a lot were closed! I’m so happy they aren’t. Thank you for being civil in your response!
Best,
Jillian

On Sep 2, 2020, at 8:56 AM, janet ellis via groups.io <jellis502003=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Carolyn Arnold

Some, like Briones, were just closed as a precaution that first week of fires, but they reopened… Love the East Bay Regional Parks!

Carolyn L Arnold
(510) 590-1172  iPhone