Topics

New Yard Bird - Townsend's Warbler downtown Berkeley

Don Simonson

Its bright yellow face with strong nearly black markings was a stunning surprise this morning in the tiny 'marsh' area of our backyard stream.  The bird then flew up into a small ornamental maple at eye level, joining two Audubon's Warblers, which looked sadly washed out beside the glowing Townsend's. Yard bird # 44!

My 16-month old granddaughter  called out "birds" last Sunday so I looked up and saw a pair of flyover Brewer's Blackbirds: Yard bird #43!

Good birding!
Don Simonson
Berkeley