Topics

New Guidelines for EBB-Sightings

Jerry Britten

Hi Fellow EBB-Sightings members,
Please see below new guidelines for posting on this listserve.  We intend to retire the under-utilized EBB-Discussions listserve and retain Sightings as a more general-purpose forum.  We are also looking for a member of the East Bay birding community with the technical expertise, interest and time to assume the role of Site Moderator.  If you have an interest in this please contact me.  Please post responsibly for the enjoyment and education of the East Bay Birding community!
Thanks,
Jerry Britten
Vice President, Mt. Diablo Audubon Society.

EBB-Sightings Guidelines

East Bay Birding-Sightings is a list intended primarily for reporting and discussion of interesting and rare bird sightings in the eastern San Francisco Bay Area. It is also a forum for dissemination of other bird and birding-related information such as classes and other events, requests for help on ID’s, and discussion of species distribution, natural history, status, and other relevant topics.

Please be respectful of others in the discussions, and please, NO POLITICS!  Please refrain from attaching photos or other media files directly to the email.  Instead, post these elsewhere (ebird or flickr, for example) and attach a link so that interested parties can go there to observe.

We've been asked to remind list members of various aspects of birding ethics, which include refraining from posting locations of nests of certain species negatively impacted by visitation.

East Bay Birding-Sightings is affiliated with Mt. Diablo Audubon Society.  Sign-up for this list at  https://mtdiabloaudubon.org/birding/east-bay-birding-email-groups/.   Members of this list are welcome to attend the monthly program meetings in Walnut Creek. MDAS also offers classes and field trips around the region, so if you're interested in learning more about birding in the area or joining other birders in going out birding, the Chapter can help you find an outing that matches your interests.

If you ever need to unsubscribe from this list, an unsubscribe link is at the bottom of every message, or you can go to
https://groups.io/g/EBB-Sightings/. That's also where you can view the list archives, set up a vacation hold, change your email address, or modify your subscription.