Topics

Nest cam update

Johan Langewis

Due to posting problems in the past I'm not sure anyone got my previous post, so here is the history of the nest cam box I installed:

Jan 1: installed nest cam box on side of house
Jan 13: Chestnut-backed Chickadee (CBCH) inspecting box, did not enter
Jan 23: Still inspecting box without entry
Feb 25: CBCH bringing redwood bark to box, nest construction started
March 14: Staring to line nest with feathers & hair
March 16: Roosting all night in box
March 28: 7:30 PM, started roosting, then very busy, agitated. Laid 3 (4?) eggs.

After laying eggs, the bird covered the eggs with feathers and left the box. She has not returned yet (8:15 PM). More updates later.

Johan Langewis
Oakland, in the hills near Shepherd Canyon & Skyline Blvd