Topics

More weirdness - Nutalls, turkey and geese.

Marcus

3 days ago I was checking on the progress of the Nutalls next and momma was digging out a new hole on another branch trunk, about 1-1/2 inches and a quarter inch deep. I yelled out what are you doing momma?

It paused.

looked around, went to the other hole for a bit and poked around. Next two days no birds.
Today they are back at the original hole. Both of them.

Yesterday, my partner who works on the Thermo Fisher campus in Pleasanton (they just shipped out a whole bunch of COVID-19 test kits) was watching a Turkey near the F building where geese next and lay eggs on the roof. The turkey was making goose like noises, calling up to a goose on the roof. The goose answered back. This went back and forth for a little while.

So we're all gonna die, right?

Marcus Pun
Video Editor / Producer/Editor / Camera
C: 510-384-8085 | H: 510-530-2507
Oakland, CA

Hilary Powers

On 3/17/2020 12:29 PM, Marcus via Groups.Io wrote:
The turkey was making goose like noises, calling up to a goose on the roof. The goose answered back. This went back and forth for a little while.

Reminds me of a truly disgusted-looking peahen I once saw watching the magnificent display of a peacock... to a spotted guineafowl. The peacock was chasing the guineafowl around a yard, occasionally getting close enough to swing the whole grand fan over the guineafowl's head (and his own)....

--
~            Hilary Powers - Hilary@... - Oakland CA          ~
~  www.salamanderfeltworks.com; www.Etsy.com/shop/SalamanderFeltworks ~