Topics

Mitchell Canyon Wednesday

SteveLombardi

The first sunny, relatively warm day in a while had all the critters out on Wednesday.
Our neighborhood kids were out playing loudly in the street and the birds on the mountain were also out and pretty loud, as well.

We walked up Mitchell Canyon to Deer Flat.
By the time we headed down about 11, many THRASHERS were up singing.
Also, the other expected woodland and chaparral birds were ringing out.
HUTTON'S VIREOS
WRENTITS
TITMICE
BEWICK'S WRENS
SPOTTED TOWHEES
WHITE-BREASTED NUTHATCHES
perhaps a GNATCATCHER
along with a few other winter residents, as well, but nothing unusual.

It was really nice to feel the sun and hear the birds.

Enjoy the weekend.
Steve Lombardi
San Ramon