Mitchell Canyon Addendum

Judith Dunham

I meant to note that the trail that we ascended is the second on the
right off the main trail after leaving the parking lot. Both the
first and second trails have metal benches at the junction.

Judith Dunham
Berkeley, California

Begin forwarded message:

The four of us worked the main trail, then Mark recommended a walk
up the second trail from the parking lot to look, successfully, for
Calliope Hummingbirds, on a hillside blanketed with blooming black
sage. The Calliopes, at least two, possibly three individuals, were
defending their patches from Ash-throated Flycatchers, Scrub Jays,
and Anna's Hummingbirds.