Migration

Becky Flanigan

Just wondering if migration has started. This past week I had a Western Tanager and Black Headed Grosbeak in my yard. They are not usual visitors but the elderberries are ripe.

3 juvenile hooded Orioles have stayed the whole summer eating the very expensive organic jam.

A bumper crop of babies still around: Juncos, Spotted Towhees, Anna’s Hummers, lesser gold finches, house and purple finches, mocking birds, Scrub Jays, Crows, Mourning doves, band tailed pigeons. Is everyone having this experience?

Becky Flanigan
Oakland

Sent from iPhone. Please excuse typos and grammatical errors!