Topics

MacGillivray's Warblers

Derek

This morning in Wildcat Canyon Park luck struck as I did a random pish in a promising looking habitat at the top of Mezue Trail and a male MacGillivray’s Warbler popped up from below the trail. It continued to respond to my pishing, getting close enough for a reasonable photograph and it ended up being two males in that location (confirmed by Ethan Monk who got there shortly after I left).    I originally had this in eBird as Tilden Park but when I got home I split that 4 hour walk into two entries as I realized I was in Wildcat Canyon Park a good portion of the time.  I believe I saw a MacGillivary’s in this same general area a few years ago.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S66740577

Derek Heins