From: EBB-Sightings@groups.io <EBB-Sightings@groups.io> On Behalf Of Claude Lyneis
Sent: Tuesday, March 2, 2021 8:34 PM
To: East Bay Birds <EBB-Sightings@groups.io>
Subject: [EBB-Sightings] Long or Short-billed Dowitcher

Today, out just north of Pt. Isabel I was getting close to photography some of those tiny peeps, but in the process I got some photos of Dowitchers and remembering the earlier post Jim Chiropolos stating that most are short-billed in the bay, I hesitate to ID it as a Long-billed Dowitcher.  Still that is how the iNaturalist artificial intelligence software I.D.s it.  So I leave it to the EBB experts.  Either way since it was not posted to eBird, it won’t upset the bird counts.