Topics

List Information

Ann McGregor <annmcg@...>

Yahoo has notified me that all groups will be shut down beginning 1 pm on Thursday, April 1, for upgrades. Also, it is not an April Fool's joke but the real thing. The length of time for the upgrade was not given.

There have been some questions on accessing the archives of the old list. You can access them at <http://www.diabloaudubon.com/mailman2/private/sightings/index.html> or you can go to the MDAS homepage, <http://www.diabloaudubon.com/index.php>, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click on Sightings List Archives. Also, there have been questions about the lists postings appearing on Sialia. This has turned into a technical issue which we will continue to work on for you.

When posting to this list please include directions to your sightings and your name. Specific directions to the location of the bird(s) are very helpful to new members. In may be helpful to link to the locator tables when giving directions: <http://www.diabloaudubon.com/places/index.html>.

Please remember that this list is intended only for the discussion of birding in Contra Costa and Alameda Counties. Check the MDAS website at <http://www.diabloaudubon.com/index.php> for links to other lists. General discussion about bird topics belongs on BirdChat or CalBirds. Off-topic threads will sometimes be either publicly or privately challenged as the list administrator feel's is necessary according to judgement. specific no-no's include the following:

• NO attachments
• NO Political advocacy or political statements
• NO Posting of Advents
• NO Posting of birds out of area (all areas really do have their own lists).

You may upload your photos of birds but they subject to approval by the moderator. It is preferable that you posts photos at other places (like Flicker) which preserves the quality of your photos and then include the link in your message.

A calendar of birding events is also available on the Mount Diablo Audubon Society homepage at <http://www.diabloaudubon.com/index.php>

Thank you for your cooperation during the transition from the old list to the new group. We now have 360 members as of March 31, 2010.

Good Birding,

Ann McGregor
List Moderator