Lazuli Buntings on Mt Diablo

Bob Hislop

I took another bike ride up Northgate Rd, Mt Diablo this morning and observed the Lazuli Bunting pair right next to the road about half way up to the Ranger Station. They appeared to be foraging in the mixed grasses/mustard at that location. Also observed: Bullock's Oriole pair, Yellow Warbler, House Wren singing away, the pair of Lark Sparrows I've seen before, Bluebirds everywhere, California Quail, Oak Titmouse, White-breasted Nuthatch, American and Lesser Goldfinches, and what appeared to be a pair of (undetermined) Swallows mating in flight.

Bob Hislop
Walnut Creek