Topics

Late Sunday birds in Walnut Creek

rosita94598

I spent some time riding my bike after 3:30 today, going south of Ygnacio Valley Road and along the Ygnacio Canal which flows below John Muir Hospital.  The reason is because of a credible report of a Tropical Kingbird in this area, which is less than a mile from where we have had one for 6-1/2 winters in Heather Farm Park.  Yesterday Tracy Farrington and I were talking to the birder, Annie, who mentioned this bird to us.

I did not find one this afternoon, but will continue to check the neighborhood, current health restrictions permitting.

On my way back home, I rode around a few parts of Heather Farm and found two female and two male Hooded Mergansers in Heather Farm Park.  They were in the concrete pond near the private Seven Hills School north of the equestrian rings.  A Red-tailed Hawk was perched on each of two poles on the Hale property adjacent to the school.

In the large, mostly natural pond I counted thirty-four Buffleheads, but less than thirty Ring-necked Ducks.

Hugh B. Harvey
Walnut Creek

Edward Vine

I was at Heather Farm Park this morning. Around 11 AM, there was a pretty Wilson's Snipe on the West side of the natural pond, near the culvert on the south side.

Ed

On Sun, Dec 6, 2020 at 6:45 PM rosita94598 via groups.io <rosita94598=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Building 90R2002