Topics

Lake Merrit -> Coyote hills sightings via bike

Philip Georgakakos

Hi folks,

Teal Fristoe and I biked from north Oakland to Coyote Hills today birding along the way. Our route was Lake Merrit -> MLK Regional Shoreline -> San Leandro Marina -> Hayward Regional Shoreline -> Eden Landing -> Coyote Hills.

Notable Sightings:
  • Greater White-fronted Goose, Lake Merrit, on some grass around Fairyland
  • Barrow’s Goldeneye’s (3, one male 2 female), Lake Merrit outflow
  • Iceland Gull(1), San Leandro Marina
  • Red Knot’s (5), Hayward Regional shoreline
  • Loggerhead Shrike(1), Eden Landing
  • White-faced Ibis (2), Coyote Hills, Continuing birds reported about a week ago

114 bird species on the day.

Good birding!
Phil Georgakakos
Oakland