Topics

Juve Black Tern at HaywardShoreline-Franks Dump

Srikant Char

Went chasing Noah's reported BAGO, but as usual the million MAGOs ended up giving me same eye-strain like in previous check. Dipped on the BAGO :)
However, i spotted this slender black & white Tern on the mudbank and quickly id'd it as a juve BLACK TERN! Black wings and black spot in front of eye, squatting on a mudbank with active WILLETs, DOWITCHERs and peeps. I watched & clicked for about 5-10mts and briefly turned my eyes down to adjust tripod and it was gone! Scanned futilely for next 20mts in vain.

Hope it resurfaces for more sightings.
My chklist and pics >https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S59213811
Wonderful Shorebirding indeed!
Srikant