imm. Swainson's thrush and baby titmouse: SW Berkeley, Alameda Co.

lowensvi@sbcglobal.net

This morning's back yard birds in SW Berkeley (very urban spot) include an immature Swainson's thrush (anyone have any ideas on what it would be doing in my back yard, almost on San Pablo Ave. ????), a baby titmouse being fed by a parent, a baby chickadee being fed, and several fledgling house finches with their brightly colored dad. I suspect my oak tree is acting as a nursery for some of these guys. A few weeks ago, an (empty) hummingbird nest fell out of it as well, and it has supported bushtits and goldfinch nests in past years.

Lisa