I spotted a Bald Eagle over Coyote Hills in Fremont on 5/24/2021

tom trinko

You can see a picture of the bald eagle at https://www.flickr.com/photos/trinko/51204977571/in/dateposted-public/

I saw it at Coyote Hills regional park.

It was fairly high up and it slowly drifted back and forth parallel to the hills. It was close to the trail that parallels the hills.

It went as far south as a couple of hundred yards north of the main building and the butterfly garden. It then went back north until it was out of sight.

I first spotted it at about 0913. I thought it was a turkey vulture until I noticed that its head and tail were white.

My last photo was taken at 0922. At that time I had to move on but the bird was moving to the north sufficiently far so as to be hard to see.

Sorry for not posting this sooner but I'm not a birder, I just take pictures that look nice including ones with birds, and I didn't think to look for a group like this and then I had to join and be granted membership and then I had to remember to post this. :)

tom trinko Fremont