Hooded oriole late in season?

Becky Flanigan

I heard and saw a male hooded oriole today for the first time in about 2 weeks. There had been at least 2 families raised since spring but I had not seen or heard them for 2 weeks. One family with 2 female chicks and other family with male and female chicks.

The jam I put out this am is full so it looks like he has not touched it. Thoughts on this? Do you still have them in your yard? Seems late.

Becky
Oakland hills

Sent from iPhone. Please excuse typos and grammatical errors!

Randy Prunty

Hi Becky
There's been a hooded oriole near my backyard in Pinole for the last couple weeks. The most recent sighting was Friday..
Randy

On Sun, Jun 19, 2022 at 9:10 PM Becky Flanigan <musicfan4005@...> wrote:
I heard  and saw a male hooded oriole today for the first time in about 2 weeks.  There had been at least 2 families raised since spring but I had not seen or heard them for 2 weeks.  One family with 2 female chicks and other family with male and female chicks.

The jam I put out this am is full so it looks like he has not touched it.  Thoughts on this? Do you still have them in your yard?  Seems late.

Becky
Oakland hills

Sent from iPhone.  Please excuse typos and grammatical errors!

Becky Flanigan

Thanks for responding.  Maybe he will be here for a longer summer. Which is really nice.