Topics

Hooded Mergansers return to Grayson Creek

Alan Bade

During today's Grayson Creek bird survey (a joint project of Mt Diablo Audubon and Friends of Pleasant Hill Creeks), we saw 5 Hooded mergansers in Grayson Creek, near the Golf Club Rd bridge. We also had a double crested cormorant fishing right at the bridge, which was fun to watch so close up. At the Chilpancingo bridge, we had a male Common yellowthroat and a Marsh Wren in the cattails. We are still adding more photos, but the ebird list is here; https://ebird.org/checklist/S61717934
The Oak Park section yielded a Belted Kingfisher and 29 other species, list here; https://ebird.org/checklist/S61712385 (Still adding photos).

Good birding, Alan Bade
Pleasant Hill