Hooded Mergansers in Dublin, CA

ireddy@...

Hello everyone,

I saw 7 Hooded Mergansers on the Alamo Canal Trail this morning, just where it separates into the Iron Horse trail in Dublin. eBirds signaled them as rare (probably for the time of year). Did anyone see them already?
https://ebird.org/checklist/S96232345

Also, yesterday I saw 2 Redheads in Shadow Cliffs, Pleasanton on the main lake. There were lots of American Coots and Ruddy Ducks too, I hadn't seen that many in a long time. On a sadder note, the water level is extremely low, most of the smaller ponds and large parts of the arroyo are entirely dry. What is left of the arroyo is shrinking a little more every week.
https://ebird.org/checklist/S96181097

Have a good weekend,
Isabelle
Instagram @oiseaulune_