Topics

high tide at Arrowhead on Saturday Jan. 11

rosita94598

Lots of birders were present today for the high tide at Arrowhead Marsh, and we were all entertained with sightings of Ridgeway's Rails.  I heard that some saw a Sora and some even had a departing Virginia Rail.  Some of us had a Peregrine Falcon on a channel marker, a Brant across the channel with Canada Geese, and a couple of Forster's Terns near the boardwalk.
Personally, I spent a lot of time socializing with other birders, which is also one of the highlights of these types of events.  It is always fun to renew birding friendships, meeting those whose names appear in various postings around the bay, or someone like one of my high school friends who is also a birder.  We are all out there for the same reason, so thank you to everyone for helping everyone else find the good birds.
Hugh B. HarveyWalnut Creek