Topics

Hermit thrushes in north Berkeley and Tilden

Pam Young

FOS Hermit thrush is back in our yard, tchupping, mewing, and bathing in the bird bath.
‘She’ may well be our familiar returnee from many past seasons.
Especially this season, she endured a smoky journey and avoided menacing fires.
This morning’s dawn chorus was the full repertoire of fall sparrows, thrushes, and residents - cheery notes on a smoky day.
A Hermit thrush was also in Tilden late Oct 2.

Good birding,
Pam Young
Berkeley
Alameda County

Preston Mui

Saw a hermit thrush as well in Central Berkeley on Wednesday morning. Pleasant surprise as I was making coffee to look out my window and see my first hermit thrush.

This is my first fall as a birder, so no comparison to other years for me.