Topics

Hermit Thrush - Antioch yard - 10/9

Paul Schorr

Late this afternoon a FOS Hermit Thrush showed up at our bird bath. In addition, a “sooty” Fox Sparrow and a Lincoln’s Sparrow continue with the flock of White-cornwned and Golden-crowned Sparrows. American Goldfinches have begun to return and are joining the Lessers at the feeders, and several Yellow-rumped Warblers have also showed up. Surprisingly today, a Cooper’s Hawk chased a bird into our patio, missed its prey, but then took up its stance on the table. And how about those blue skies today!

Happy birding, stay well and be safe.

Paul Schorr
Antioch