help with mystery warbler(?) song - Pine Canyon, April 30

whitesidekitty

We were at the intersection of Sunset Trail and Stage Road in Mt Diablo SP and unable to find the bird. After singing a couple of minutes it went silent. We are thinking it might be MacGillivray's or Nashville? See warbler sp in checklist for an iPhone recording: https://ebird.org/checklist/S86873213 Thanks!

Kitty Whiteside
Oakland

Mike Correll-Feichtner

eBird listing has been deleted.

Mike Correll-Feichtner
Livermore

We were at the intersection of Sunset Trail and Stage Road in Mt Diablo SP and unable to find the bird. After singing a couple of minutes it went silent. We are thinking it might be MacGillivray's or Nashville? See warbler sp in checklist for an iPhone recording: https://ebird.org/checklist/S86873213   Thanks!

Kitty Whiteside
Oakland

whitesidekitty

Hmm - I still have no problem accessing the checklist with this link: https://ebird.org/checklist/S86873213
Kitty

Teale Fristoe

Hi Kitty,

I'm able to hear your recording just fine. Have you considered Yellow Warbler? Your recording sounds very similar to the second northern song here: https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Yellow_Warbler/sounds

Teale Fristoe
Berkeley

On Tue, May 4, 2021 at 9:41 PM whitesidekitty <whitesidekitty@...> wrote:
Hmm - I still have no problem accessing the checklist with this link:  https://ebird.org/checklist/S86873213
Kitty

Susana dT

Edited

I played your recording for BirdNET and it said Black throated Gray warbler "almost certain".
I have the app in  my i-phone, you could also upload the recording with your computer on their website https://birdnet.cornell.edu/api/ . It is a free app.

Marissa Ortega-Welch

I agree with Teale - I was also getting Yellow Warbler. It's very high pitched and "sweet." Curious to hear what others think....

--

Marissa Ortega-Welch
Reporter & Editor