Heather Farms, Walnut Creek

David

My wife and I took a walk around the mostly natural pond at Heather Farms . Saw the usual suspects: Nuttall’s Woodpecker, Ring-neck Ducks, Yellow-rumped Warblers, Ruby-crowned Kinglet, a lovely singing Song Sparrow, Oak Titmouse and a couple of White-breasted Nuthatches......you get the picture. Then around 12:30 as we were admiring the markings of a Lincoln Sparrow a Common Yellowthroat flew into the cattails next to us, bounced around and then flew over our heads in into the cattails along the lake. This Yellowthroat was see on the opposite side of the lake from the wooden deck ,near the gravel beach and the big oak tree; in the cattails on either side of the mostly natural lake at Heather Farms.
David M. Rose 🌹