Heather Farm Wednesday morning

rosita94598

Ted met me just after I arrived.  We saw someone fishing on the west side of the pond, and I guess Ted said something to him.  When I came back after a side trip, the illegal fisherman was walking to his car.

When we first spotted the fisherman, one of the young Wood Ducks was out in the pond in front of him.  Another Wood Duck seen in front of the green bench and big oak tree.

For me it was only one Great Egret, none of the other waders today.

We had several WB Nuthatches, along with the expected local birds.  A Red-shouldered Hawk flew into and landed on one of the trees up the slope and below the houses.

Hugh B. Harvey
Walnut Creek