Topics

Heather Farm Park Walnut Creek Tuesday Oct. 6

rosita94598

I had to race a bit around the pond to find Tracy Farrington and David Kent--we had 9 American Pipits out on the north ball fields with 11 Killdeer adults.  When I first saw them I counted 7 Pipits and 8 Killdeer, but the numbers changed by the time we arrived together.  David's eBird list is not yet posted, but will appear on this recent visits list soon:  https://ebird.org/region/US-CA-013/activity?yr=all&m=

Also present were a couple of Yellow Warblers, many of the fall migrants--White- and Golden-crowned Sparrows, along with the Yellow-rumped Warblers and Ruby-crowned Kinglets.  Of note was the continuing Pied-billed Grebe, which has been back for about a week, now.  Today it was joined by a female Ring-necked Duck.  A River Otter was also present in the large, mostly natural pond.

Hugh B. Harvey
Walnut Creek