Topics

Heather Farm Park, Walnut Creek

tracy_farrington

This morning, under cool and pleasant conditions, Heather Farm Park wasquite birdy. I was joined by Fred Safier and Hugh Harvey for a pleasant and productive stroll around the natural pond. Some birds seen included:
Black-throated Gray Warbler (5)Yellow Warbler (4)Yellow-rumped Warbler (many)Townsend's Warbler (1 female)Wilson's Warbler (1 female)Pacific Slope Flycatcher (2)Downy Woodpecker (1)Nuttall's Woodpecker (2)Ruby-crowned Kinglet (1, FOS in the park)White-crowned & Golden-crowned Sparrows (many)Black-crowned Night Heron (1)Marsh Wren (1)
We also found a single Red-breasted Nuthatch,exceedingly rare for Heather Farm.
As I was leaving, the Tropical Kingbird was perched in a treetopnear the parking lot.
Good birding,Tracy FarringtonWalnut Creek