Topics

Heather Farm Park sightings Tuesday March 10

rosita94598

Not all of us saw every bird, but birds seen or heard were Tropical Kingbird, Nuttall's and Downy Woodpeckers in the same tree, continuing female Common Goldeneye, Common Gallinule, singing Red-winged Blackbirds, singing Ruby-crowned Kinglets a Hermit Thrush, a singing California Towhees, and a singing/calling Sora at the north end of the large, mostly natural pond.  Some of the Yellow-rumped Warblers are starting to look pretty sharp with bright yellow throats and black around the breast.  Tracy Farrington and I saw a snazzy Myrtle Warbler before I headed home.

Heather Farm Park is located in the Ygnacio Valley of Walnut Creek.

Hugh B. Harvey
Walnut Creek

Steve Taylor

Nice!!