Heather Farm Park Friday April 9

rosita94598

The Wood Ducks were making the photographers happy this morning, first walking under the big oak across from the wooden railing and the parking area, then swimming out in front of the island.

The large Muscovy Duck which I first saw the morning of Palm Sunday, seems to like haning with the Canada Geese--they are about the same size.  Sometimes, though it is by itself, as it was yesterday on the lawn near the parking area.  Today it was on the sidewalk at the concrete pond in front of the rose garden, about four feet from a Canada Goose.

Barn and Rough-winged Swallows flew over the pond.

The Downy Woodpeckers may finally have entered the housekeeping phase.  Yesterday he arrived at the hole, looked in, then went higher in the tree.  She looked out after a bit, then backed down and out of sight.  Guess we'll know in 2-1/2 to 3 weeks.

And for those of you who have not watched online, the Peregrine Falcons at the PG&E building in San Francisco have three chicks as of yesterday.

Hugh B. Harvey
Walnut Creek