Topics

Heather Farm in the fog Friday January 3

rosita94598

The Tropical Kingbird showed itself in two places this morning as three of us walked around the large, mostly natural pond.  When we arrived at the chin-up bars between the big pond and the concrete pond, two other birders were eying the continuing T Kingbird.  We took a look and then slowly continued from there toward the wooden railing.  When we arrived there, the Kingbird was sitting in a tree above the railing and calling  It stayed there for several minutes before flying away from us.
It is heard calling only a handful of times each season it has been with us.
Hugh B. HarveyWalnut Creek