Topics

Heather Farm Hummers Have Fledged

rosita94598

The two young Anna's Hummingbirds were seen in their nest in the Gardens at Heather Farm in Walnut Creek yesterday. When I went this afternoon, the nest was empty. I knew it would happen soon, as they were exercising their wings Saturday afternoon.

In our patio north of the park, we think the Chickadees are sitting on the nest, as activity has slowed. One was very vocal when I lit the patio at 6:30 AM by turning on the kitchen lights, but they are no longer bringing nest material. Guess we'll know for sure in about three weeks.

Hugh B. Harvey
Walnut Creek