Topics

Hayward Shoreline-Winton Ave. 5/16

jsross1698@...

This morning from 8-11:15 I birded the shrubs, trees and pathways at the end of Winton Avenue. Highlights among the 41 species seen were the Yellow-breasted Chat(heard only), a number of Swainson's Thrushes, one Cassin's Vireo, two Warbling Vireos, several Wilson's Warblers, a couple of Western Kingbirds and a flyover of eight American White Pelicans.

During my visit I had the great pleasure of meeting and birding with Derek Heins, Judith Dunham and Bob Richmond. Thank you all for making the morning a memorable experience. Thank you Bob for hearing the Cassin's Vireo that I finally found and had a very nice look at.

Jim Ross
Pleasanton