Topics

Hayward Shoreline and San Leandro Marina

Bob Richmond

Today at the Hayward Shoreline and San Leandro Marina -

White-faced Ibis - 15 flew overhead near the park office. This is my earliest April record at the shoreline. The previous early April record was April 12.

Black Oystercatcher - 4. 2 at Hayward's Landing and 2 at San Leandro Marina.

Surfbird - 18 (estimate) at the San Leandro Marina.

Red Knot - hundreds (as usual), many in breeding plumage and some still in winter plumage.

Pacific-slope Flycatcher - 1 at Winton Ave. is the first one I have seen at the shoreline this year. They are usually a bit later at the shoreline than many other areas.

Bob