Topics

Hayward Shoreline (5/8)

Bob Richmond

Seen at the shoreline today -

Wilson's Phalarope - 1 in the city ponds. It was in the second pond (on your left) as you are walking towards Cogswell Marsh.

Black Tern - 12 seen in Hayward Marsh from the southeast corner of the loop trail in Cogswell Marsh. They were in the second pond east of the trail.

Black Skimmer - 2 seen in Hayward Marsh from the same spot as the Black Terns. They were on an island south of where I was and were only seen when the Forster's Terns were startled into flight.

Ruby-crowned Kinglet - 1 at Winton Ave. I only have 2 later records for the spring at the shoreline.

Cassin's Vireo - 1 at Winton Ave. I only have 6 May records at the shoreline.

Western Tanager - 1 male at Winton Ave.

Golden-crowned Sparrow - 1 at Winton Ave. I only have 4 later records at the shoreline.

Bob