Hayward Shoreline (5/3)

Bob Richmond

Seen today at the shoreline -

Sharp-shinned Hawk - 1 flying north past Winton Ave. is the second May record I have for the shoreline.

Red-necked Phalarope - hundreds in the city ponds and the part of Hayward Marsh visible from the public trail.

Least Tern - 4. They will probably be seen here until the end of August.

Black-Skimmer - 4 in Hayward Marsh, seen from the public trail at the south end of Cogswell Marsh.

Ruby-crowned Kinglet - 1 at Winton Ave. is the fifth record i have for May at the shoreline.

House Wren - west of Winton Ave. along the base of Mt. Trashmore.

Swainson's Thrush - 2 at Winton Ave. I see them every year in May, these are my first at the shoreline this year.

Warbling Vireo - 2. 1 at Winton Ave. and the other west of Winton Ave. along the base of Mt. Trashmore.

Swamp Sparrow - 1 across Winton Ave. from the Park Office.

Bob