Topics

Hayward Shoreline

Bob Richmond

Today at the shoreline -

American White Pelican - 12. This is my 4th April record at the shoreline and 3 have been in 2007 or later.

Brandt's Cormorant - 1. This is my second spring record at the shoreline, the first was about 1 month ago.

Black Oystercatcher - 1 at Hayward's Landing.

Wandering Tattler - 1 at Hayward's Landing. This is my 4th April record at the shoreline.

Ash-throated Flycatcher - 1 at Winton Ave. This is the earliest spring record I have for the shoreline. Before today, April 14th was the earliest.

Townsend's Warbler - 1 male at Winton Ave. I usually only see a few each year at the shoreline.

Hooded Oriole - 3, 1 male and 2 females in the trees along Frank's Dump East. All of my spring records at the shoreline areĀ from 2007 or later.

Spotted Towhee - 1 at Winton Ave. is one of only 6 spring records I have at the shoreline.

Bob