Topics

Hayward Shoreline

Bob Richmond

Today at the shoreline -

Green-winged "Eurasian" Teal - 1 male, seen in the seasonal pond to the north of where Winton Ave. makes a left turn (about a 75 degree turn).
            This area I have always called Frank's Dump East. By summer (late spring in some years). Be wary of trafic here especially the trucks on
            week days.

Golden Eagle - 1. Seen from the west end of Depot Road over the city ponds. I have 30 records from 1893-1898, but only 11 since then.

Rufous Hummingbird - 1 male, seen in the row of trees across Winton Ave. from the park office.

Bob